Monday, July 15, 2013

Mom

so, the ominous texts i received after the bitterroot mountains:  my mother, who will turn 90 in april has had a serious stroke.  she's in the hospital in chicago.  my sister elaine is there and diane flew in yesterday, so they're both there with my father.  it's not clear what the near future will look like, it will take a few days to know.

in the meantime, there is not much for me to do except continue on with the journey.  i should be able to stay in contact except for a brief time in glacier.  unfortunately, for the next several weeks i will be travelling in the less populated area of northern montana and southern north dakota, so there will be fewer resources.

this will certainly add another perspective to this journey and give me more to think about along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment